Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Evie Elizabeth Lunt

She's here, she's here!!!! Evie is here and we couldn't be happier! She's absolutely perfect!
a quick summary of our special special day....
Wednesday, April 14th 2010 ( Evie Elizabeth's birthday).
I was scheduled to be induced a week early due to all the risks with the whole blood disorder thing (a whole other conversation) so we went into the hospital around 8:00 that morning. once we were all settled in the nurse checked me and we discovered that i was already dilated to almost a 4. so they gave me some cytotec, (a labor inducing drug), and we went for a walk around the hospital for about an hour. when we got back to our room they asked if i wanted an epidural. i'm no hero and had never planned on being one... so i told her, yes as soon as i could get one i wanted one. she then explained that there was the problem of my contractions not being regular. so as soon as i started to have a regular pattern ( maybe every 2 minutes or so) they would give the epidural. reason being, they didn't want to stop labor completely by administering the epidural to early. so the doctor came in and broke my water. before that the contractions hadn't been too bad...after my water had been broken it became a completely different story. i felt really silly but i couldn't take it and only after about 10 min. i was telling troy to page the nurse so i could beg for the epidural... none of this waiting for the contractions to be regular junk... I couldn't take it!!!!!!!! when the nurse came in and checked me, we found out why the pain had become unbearable! i had dilated to an 8 or 9 in 45 min... (the magic number here being 10.) she ran and got the anesthetist. I thankfully got the epidural right before it was time to push and 28 min. later Little Miss Evie Elizabeth Lunt was born. 1:11 pm, 6 lbs. 7 oz. 19 in. long. It's surreal to think that were now parents and have a sweet little daughter. Sometimes i look at her and can't believe she's mine. she already in 6 days has changed our lives completely and i can't believe how much i love her. Troy is completely enamored and can't get enough of her. We love being a little family and realize that she is truly heaven sent...
here are the pictures from the hospital not in any particular order
(more to come soon... okay lets be honest probably much much later)

We honestly weren't holding out on the name. we had gone to the hospital with a couple in mind... once we saw her we knew it was Evie and Elizabeth after my mom.

first family photo.
i told myself i wouldn't post one of these because i knew in advance i would be looking pretty, lets say haggard, but i love so much that we're now a little family that i want to show everyone the hardcopy proof!
Troy being a proud teary eyed first time dad.



13 comments:

Brittany said...

I love her. She is oh so precious. And "Evie"... I am definitely a fan. Looking at her makes me baby hungry...

Katy and Lorin said...

Oh she is adorable!! I so want another one, haha.... we'll see. n-e-ways, I love the picts and I can't wait to see the little angel in person.

Megan T. said...

We're so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet her!

Matt and Liz said...

congrats you guys! she's a little dolly. i love her name

Spencer and Marlee said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so so SO excited for you guys! Guess what?? We are coming to Thatcher this weekend. We would love to stop by just for a second to see her and say hello!!

megan said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Steven and Alexa said...

Congrats Troy and Whit! She's adorable! I'm so excited for you guys!

Rachael said...

I'm so jealous that your labor went so quickly! But happy for you! We need to get together soon!

Molli loves Tyler said...

LLLLLLOVE IT! Congrats! She's precious!

The Robinsons said...

She looks perfect! Way to go! A big sigh of relief for you guys. Enjoy this newborn stage...it goes away TOO FAST!!!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

She is so dang cute!!!!! i can't wait to see her! you guys make such a cute little family!! Oh and Whit i hope i look that good in pics after i have our little guy! Seriously thats so not fair!!!!

Val said...

It's so unreal to be looking at you guys with a baby that's yours haha. Congrats! I wish I were closer so I could see her in person.

Terry and Heather said...

Congrats! She is a doll!

Troy, Whitney, and Evie Elizabeth