Sunday, August 8, 2010

July part 2!!!

this post is gonna be all over the place but so much has been happening in these few short weeks. and i cant believe our summer is practically over.
we went to Nauvoo! and we loved it, its a testimony builder for sure, and an amazing tribute to our faithful pioneer ancestors.two words describe it.. faith and sacrifice. my trials are nothing in comparison. the spirit there is infectious. everyone needs to go! i am so grateful that we got to experience it...we learned and felt so much!
right when we got back my sister Rhianna called for some wedding planning help, so me and the sisters (minus lissa, sorry missed you) got together for some invitation sending. we decided to make a party out of it and everyone came to Thatcher for some good 'ole chill time. Love my Family!(especially you troy and evie!)
okay...lots of pictures
Plane ride to missouri


Silver Dollar City amusement park (the damp blanket kept her cool)
My little babushka!
first time swimming in the hotel, i think she might like it just as much as dad.
NAUVOO... CITY BEAUTIFUL


Lucy Mack Smith's Home (don't judge Troy, it was unbearably hot and sticky)
us in front of Levi Ward Hancock's plot in Nauvoo. my 4 greats grandfather... because of him i have the gospel... so grateful.

CARTHAGE
ADAM-ONDI-AHMAN




FAR WEST



LIBERTY JAIL (not a great pic sorry)
a couple more from silver dollar city

THATCHER FAMILY WEEKEND
my family

me and beth
new baby caleb

soon to be wed...
hailey brynn
i love you dad



3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I just love your family. Miss you.

courtney dalley said...

Whitney!!!! That is so amazing that you were able to go to Nauvoo and CARTHAGE!!!! I actually am trying not to feel a little jealous. Isn't it beautiful there? Did you see the fireflies? Ahh...anyway. I'm glad you got to see that amazing place! Did you see any young single sister missionaries? Yeah, what they were doing is what I did. Thanks for making me homesick you turd

Elissa said...

this post makes me SOOOO jealous. you should plan a SURPRISE visit and make everyone come up and see me. seriously. do it.

Troy, Whitney, and Evie Elizabeth